Thursday, February 19, 2009

The silver lining I see





I yearn for the times of brilliant sunray.
When I see the bright clouds steadily turn gray,
The crossroad that showed four tracks once, a bygone day,
Now merges to point the thorniest way.

Petty follies have become difficult to confess.
Support from friends appears to be less.
Even The almighty refuses to bless.
Life, now is a total mess!

I don’t know what to do I am at sea!
But slowly a silver lining I see.
Yes, it is him! right there waiting for me!
He replaces the pangs of life with glee.
And smiles at me, benevolently.

Oh! That smile! Yes that benign, divine smile.
It takes away all bile.
And gifts me life in a moment's guile.
But he is strange, he has a unique style.
For he sits by me only for a while.

Then I see him go away, far, and far away.
I stop him, but he won’t listen.
I cry and ask him to stay.
But he will never listen, he will go away.
He says he will take me with him some day.
That’s the only hope that remains,
I wait for that Someday,
When he comes and takes me his way!

********


--Ekata Banerjee






10 comments:

  1. they best i have read from u so far... great! keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou!! cudnt have been better without ur help!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can totally feel every word...its amazing!! u work is juz bcuming bettr n bettr..... keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful piece of work..keep it up!!!! If you wrote this with someone real in mind....then he really is a lucky guy!!!!!! Truly good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple n superb...just came to ur blog by accident ..couldn stop commenting on it ...keep up the gud work..

    ReplyDelete
  6. huz d silver lining in your life????? kokhono bolish ni to.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks 'Ambrosia4u' for visitin my blog, keep visitin for newer posts..

    Well Shreya, the silver lining in my life?? hehe..try figurin out urself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH great written,


    Its very deep comparative to the depth of the age you are. Amazingly invoked through the thoughts...Keep writing

    Regards

    ~NeeR~
    http://blogadgetech.com
    http://neers-rhymes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ekta u r d best yarrr .. :-) n m so happy dat one of my friend is d best writer .. n next i want to see u among worldst best writers .. :-)

    ReplyDelete